The church reaches out to both our membership and the community through a variety of programs.
If God has given you a musical gift, the Church has many ways in which you can share that talent with the congregation and also enhance worship. Contact our organist, Patrick Kerssen, for further information on any of these opportunities to serve.
- Festival Choir
- Sopranos, altos, tenors and basses are invited to join the Festival Choir. The Choir rehearses weekly and sings at our worship services approximately once a month. We also have fun and fellowship at many social functions throughout the year.
- Vocalists and Instrumentalists
- Special music is presented many Sundays by a variety of vocal soloists and groups, and by various instrumentalists.
- Concert Handbells
- The Concert Handbells is an advanced group of ringers that perform at services and at festivals throughout the Northeastern United States. For more information, visit their website here: Heidelberg Concert Handbells.
- Ring and Sing
- Children (ages 5 & older) practice ringing hand chimes and singing Sunday evenings . They present their songs for the Spring and Christmas Handbell Festivals , Sunday School programs and in church on special occasions .
HARP (Heidelberg Association for Retired Persons)
HARP was organized by the Christian Fellowship Team in April 2002. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Our meetings include a short meeting with light lunch followed by activities including entertainment, speakers, games, cards, bingo, day trips, dominoes, “chicken feet,” picnics, etc. You need not be a member of Heidelberg Church. It is open to anyone in the community. The average attendance is 25-30 people. Come and join us.
Our weekly Faith Formation brings Christian Education and Ethics to over 50 children. Our classes range from nursery through 8th grade. Our youngest children, start at 18 months to 2 years and parents are welcome to stay with their children during this first year. Classes are run by both UCC and Lutheran volunteers. Classes are held every Sunday 9:45AM to 10:45AM. We welcome visitors on any Sunday. Our Christmas program is always a favorite event, not just for the children and parents, but as for the entire congregation as well. If you would like to visit or register please contact our Colleen Andrews, Director of Christian Education, at 610-442-6433 or at email@example.com.
Following worship during the summer months, we gather on the front porch for coffee, refreshments, and fellowship. Volunteers host the event and provide the refreshments. It has become a popular tradition.
Women of Faith
A Christian women's group meeting the 4th Monday of each month at 7:00 PM. An hour of worship, fellowship, and refreshments, many varied programs including guest speakers, crafts, Christian film clips with discussion and ending each year in December with a delicious cookie exchange.
- Vacation Bible School
- Soup Kitchen
- Thanksgiving Food Baskets
- Confirmation Classes
- Youth Group